Welcome to the Spirit of Herndon!
BAND REGISTRATION NIGHT
Wednesday, August 31st (before the first day of school!!)
HMS Band Room
Plan on dropping by some time between 4 and 6pm with at least one parent and your student musician. We’ll be filling out / reviewing forms for the year. Concert & Symphonic Band students will be fitted for their uniforms that evening. Students who have practice instruments to take home will be able to do so that evening.
2016-17 Required Student Forms, Fees & Information
- Review the 2016-17 HMS Band Handbook & Initial / Sign / Turn in the Handbook Signature Page
- Band Course Materials Fee
Symphonic & Concert Band ($25)
Percussion Ensemble & Cadet Band ($10)
- Emergency Care Form
- Review and align your calendar with the 2016-17 HMS Band Calendar (Google Calendar Link)
- Shirt Order Form & $$
- Volunteer Opportunities Form OR SIGN UP HERE
- Percussion : Usage Fee ($60) & Music Instrument Contract (Fill out first 4 lines & sign at the bottom)
- Large / Specialty Instruments : Music Instrument Contract & Fee ($92)
(Tuba, Trombone, French Horn, Euphonium, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax, Bass Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon)
Once all these forms are turned in, your child will receive a ticket to our ICE CREAM SOCIAL and get to pick out his or her BAND LOCKER!!
- Review & obtain all necessary Class Materials
- If you haven’t done so already, please consider starting your child in Private Instrumental Lessons.
Private lessons are not required, but are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. There are many private instructors in our area, and cost and length of lessons vary. Private lessons are an excellent opportunity for student musicians to improve their skills and make the most possible musical progress. Interaction between a young musician and a skilled teacher provides a wealth of motivation and knowledge that can only be achieved through private instruction. Private lessons work well with all levels of students:
--Advanced musicians: advanced techniques and extra challenges are possible
--Average level: focus on the musical needs and progressive skills of the student
--Basic level: extra help or “catch up” with progress of band class or grade level